Turkish cuisine is also given an important place in EXPO 2016 to be opened on 23 April 2016 with "Flower and Child" theme. Works at 'Restaurants Street' constructed near the EXPO Lake will be completed soon. Restaurants Street, representing architectural features of 7 geographical regions of Turkey :
- Istanbul waterside residence,
- Antalya House,
- Bodrum House for Aegean Region,
- Diyarbakır House for Southeast Anatolia Region,
- Erzurum House for Eastern Anatolia Region,
- Konya House for Central Anatolia Region
- Trabzon House for Black Sea Region.
In these restaurants, which are true to their original architectures and built using materials bearing typical structural properties of the corresponding region, menus will also consist of regional cuisine culture and tastes.
Source : http://www.expo2016.org.tr